Reconciliation is held every Saturday from 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. (noon) in the church or by appointment by calling the office at (727) 849-7521.
Making a Good Confession
- Take the time to examine your conscience carefully before going to confession
- Enter the confessional and make the Sign of the Cross: “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”
- Say: “Bless me Father, for I have sinnned.”
- Confess your sins
- The priest will give you Penance to do. He may ask you to say some prayers or make amends to those who have been hurt by your sin. (Do penance as soon as possible after confession).
Say an Act of Contrition:
“My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you, whom I should love above all things.
I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.”
Our Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered and died for us. In His Name, my God, have mercy.”
- The priest wil give you Absolution. He will recite a prayer of God’s forgiveness.
- Say: “Thank you Father” and perform your penance as soon as possible.