Elementary and Middle School Faith Formation encompasses all students from 1st grade through 8th grade.
Classes for students in 1st -5th grade are held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. in the Faith Formation classrooms.
Classes for students in 6th – 12th grade are held on Sunday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. in the Faith Formation classrooms.
Contact the Office of Faith Formation at (727) 842-9396 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our Elementary and Middle School program.Faith Formation Documents – Returning Students
Check back on August 1 for Returning Student Documents Faith Formation Documents – New Students Check back on August 1 for New Registration Documents
Admission for Faith Formation Programs (Grades 1-8)
- Families who wish to enroll children in this program must be registered parishioners at Our Lady Queen of Peace. Your offertory envelope lists your registration number. You may also contact the Parish Office at (727) 849-7521 to obtain your registration number.
- In order to enroll in Faith Formation programs, students must be eligible for 1st grade in the Pasco County School System.
- Prior to attending any program or class, registration in Faith Formation is required by completeing the registration forms.
- A copy of the child’s Baptismal Certificate must be provided at the time of program registration, even if your child(ren) was/were baptized at Our Lady Queen of Peace.
- Students shall be placed in classes on the basis and in the order of:
1. Readiness to receive the sacraments
3. Grade level in the current school year.
- First Holy Communion: Families of students in the second grade or above, who have not received First Holy Communion and who have completed the previous year of faith formation last year are automatically enrolled in Sacramental Preparation. A child must be in his or her second consecutive year of Catholic education or faith formation classes in order to be eligible for the sacrament of First Holy Communion. He or she must also attend Mass regularly.
- Confirmation: Families of students in the eighth grade or above, who have not received the sacrament of Confirmation and who have completed the previous year of faith formation last year are automatically enrolled in Sacramental Preparation. A child must be in his or her second consecutive year of Catholic education or faith formation classes in order to be eligible for the sacrament of Confirmation. He or she must also attend Mass regularly.
- If your child is transferring from another program, please submit a letter from the previous parish verifying what the student has completed in preparation for the sacraments.
- Parents of students attending Catholic school will participate in the sacramental preparation programs with the parish families; students will participate in preparation activities for the sacraments, including classroom instructions and retreats.
- If a student is not baptized and is 7 years of age or older, the student should attend the “RCIA – Adapted for Children” program and the student’s family will be contacted to make arrangements for enrollment.
For more information on registering for the Elementary or Middle Schoo Faith Formation programs, or for any questions regarding the above policies, please contact the Office of Faith Formation at (727) 842-9396.